Thursday, March 15, 2012

Savannah Morning News - Realtor Spotlight

The Savannah Morning News did a full length feature article on Don in Sunday's paper. It's part of their new "Realtor Spotlight" section which gives readers a little glimpse into the life and career of a local real estate agent. Here's a preview of the article:

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the suburbs on Long Island, 60 miles east of New York City.

Family:
Pets- A dog named Audrey who came from Ossabaw Island and three rescue cats.

What do you enjoy most about living in the Savannah area?
Savannah is a large enough city to provide plenty of entertainment through the arts, galleries, museums, history, architecture, and festivals. What I really like about Savannah is that is a big enough town for it to have all of this activity going on but a small enough town to be connected. I really like to leave my office on Broughton Street and be able to walk through the squares, see people I know, and meet new people, all on the way to lunch. A great example would be the recent Super Museum Sunday. Some friends and I were able to walk to four different museums, see lots of amazing art, architecture, and the gardens at the Ships of the Sea Museum. It affirms my love for Savannah.

What do you enjoy doing when you're not working?
I always look forward to bringing my dog with me to the stable and riding my horse Sterling. I have been an equestrian since I was nine years old. Riding English and Dressage are my absolute favorite things. When I am at the stable, it allows me to remove myself from any of the stresses of a normal work day and focus on something I love. I also like to travel. I have been to over 15 countries over the years. My belief is exposure to different cultures eradicates judgment and opens the door for tolerance.

How long have you worked in Real Estate?
I have been working in real estate nearly 14 years.

No comments: