Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Want Your House Sold? Talk to Me.

When I agree to list a house for sale, there are many elements that we (the seller and my team) address prior to entering the market. Price, any disrepair and the appearance are a few of the most important ones. It has been my experience that once I get a stager into the house to help the homeowner de-clutter and de-personalize, the house shows much better. So with all these elements in place and a proper price agreed upon, it is then and only then that my sign goes up in the yard.


How I present this listing to the public is what is going to help sell it. So, then the photographer comes in. In today’s market it is said that the vast majority of Buyers are first introduced to their home on the internet. How my listing is presented on the many websites I have affiliation with is of utmost importance to me. I want clear, crisp, uncluttered images. I like to be able to see what is outside the window in addition to what’s in the room. The house needs to be presented so any Buyer can envision themselves living there.

I like to tell sellers don't get taken out of the game before the game starts. What we mean by that, is you shouldn't give buyers a reason to discount your home, before they even get a chance to see it. Recently, I was working with a buyer, who assumed a home wasn't very nice, because the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) report only contained a few pictures. As real estate brokers, we can talk until we're blue in the face about the need to give consumers lots of photos, but we constantly see listings that don't show many.

The Savannah MLS recently adjusted the amount of images an agent can upload from 12 to 25. I am so excited about this that I could just bust. I pay for prominent placement and the ability to add additional images on many affiliate websites I market homes for sale on. I do this because I know the public wants to know what they are looking at before ever getting into a house. I would never want one of my listings to be over looked because it wasn’t presented to the public in the most positive light possible.

The next time you are looking at Real Estate for Sale, ask yourself before dismissing a house, "Is it really not a good property for me or did the Realtor not do the best job possible presenting it?" If it is my listing, I expect you will be impressed or I didn’t do my job properly.

No comments: